Pirogue Club Sofa – 2 Seat Leather Vintage Tundra By Smi
Hand crafted furniture. We exclusively use rubberwood from selected plantations, respecting the natural environment development.
– Solid rubber wood frame and plywood
– The frame is covered with vertical slats of wood. Each slate is separated by a dark brown patina
– The comfort is ensured by springs and straps to support the seating base, covered with polyurethane foam for its soft feel
– Armrests are covered with leather, upon a soft foam
– The finish can be in walnut stained varnished wood or natural
– The seat can be upholstered in leather or fabric. For leather, we use the fiber thickness of full grain leather to ensure greater seat resistance. In addition, our vintage leather is meticulously patinated by hand by our craftsmen.
- Available colors:
- Dark brown leather
- Black leather : Out of stock
- Ivory leather : Out of stock
“A CONTEMPORARY VISION OF MARIN FURNITURE”
As for the canoe collection, we started from the Pirogue club armchair to create a series of furniture that goes with it. The Pirogue seat is inspired by the boats built entirely by hand in the first shipyards in Port Louis on Mauritius. Its curved solid wooden slats recall the elegance of these traditional 18th-century boats. Sewing is represented by the saddle stitch inspired by luxury boat seats. Regarding the tapestry, we opted for full-grain leather for its quality of resistance, softness and pleasant touch. As for the ergonomics and the comfort of our seats, the quality of the seat padding, the backrest and the armrests will bring you a high level of comfort. Sitting in the Pirogue seat is an invitation to travel and discover our history.
SMI is a French-Vietnamese factory, exporting high-quality furniture worldwide. We offer a large collection of "handmade" furniture with unique designs, as well as reissues of classic-style furniture built in the tradition of French cabinetmaking. In addition, SMI can customize the products to your own design.
A FAMILY MATTER
In 1988, Georges Waché established a furniture manufacturing factory in Vietnam, bringing together skilled craftsmen from various fields such as cabinetmaking, metalworking, sculpturing, varnishing and tapestry.
Today, SMI is a large family, most of the craftsmen have more than 20 years of experience and live in the village constructed specifically for them. Not merely a company, SMI has become a community. The factory has known two generations of craftsmen and designers who have managed to move from the production of a French-style piece of furniture to our own touch that changes constantly over the years.
DETAIL CARE AND DESIGN INNOVATIONS
Passionate about art and furniture, we create furniture at the crossroads of these two fields. Our design is unique and does not really belong to a style. We strive to go beyond the trend by presenting exceptional furniture that will allow you to give personality to your home.
Our furniture in the style of Louis XV, Louis XVI, Empire, Restoration and Art Deco are made using artistic methods and decoration loyal to French traditions to ensure high authenticity and quality.